Monday, November 8, 2010

Tyler

Good morning all ~ it’s been awhile since I last posted. Summer went by fast and now that school has started we are approaching into the holiday season already. Wait ~ why is time going too fast? My older son Tyler turned 18 on October 25 – I cannot believe that he is an adult now. I still remember so clearly when he was two in his red corduroys with a cream sweater outside helping mom rake up the leaves. He was so sweat and innocent then and now he thinks that he knows all.

The boys and I have had a rough start in life. But now, we are tracking on the right safe path only to live the life that God has intended for us to live. Sure my son Tyler has done some things this past summer that I am not proud of. However, I am proud of him for listening to all that I had spoken into his life. Slowly but surely he is coming around.

One thing that I have learned with Tyler is that he is an individual who wants so badly to know who he is and what his purpose is. I thank God for giving me the words to speak into Tyler’s life and then to step back only to watch the seeds that were planted grow. Yes, Tyler maybe a late bloomer in his walk with God as many other people were too. God does have a plan for Tyler!
Deuteronomy 6:6-7, 18
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up....Do what is right and good in the LORD's sight, so that it may go well with you and you may go in and take over the good land that the LORD promised on oath to your forefathers,
In our home there is always an open door. My kids know that no matter what they can always talk to me about anything. I will not yell at them. I may take a deep breath; pray will quick for God’s guidance in the conversation. After our talks the boys feel better now then they did before. Tyler now comes to me all the time when he feels something around him that should not be there. After we are done praying Tyler feels comfortable and safe knowing that God is near and will never leave us. Psalms 3:3 ~ But you, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

Oh there is still so much more work to be done as there is with all of us. God’s work is never completed in us until we see him face to face.

Now these days there is a difference in my relationship with Tyler. Yes, I am still his mother – but there is more of an adult inner reaction then there is a child like reaction. Before this year came I was feeling sad that he was growing up and would no longer need me. I now know that a child will always need there parents. We are here to equip them; listen to them; lead them into the right direction; step aside and let go; and love them, for which this never ends as long as we are here on the earth. My job now is to listen, pray, and help him along the way when he asks for help. Sure there will be time when I need to intervene. It has been hard to let go but God has given me peace and rest knowing that he is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment