Monday, November 16, 2009

10th grade through 12th

*Middle of 10th going into 11th grade mom had met my new stepdad Gary. This was love at first site or should I say destruction. Mom and Gary were inseparable. One time I had to track my mom down to come home and pay the power and cable bill that had been turned off. Gary did not have a land line phone and I did not know his cell number. So, I began calling mom’s friends to track her down. Once we were able to get a hold of her she was made because I had bothered her. I was really excited about this new step dad. We finally had a dad figure in the house that was nice and treated us with respect and love. Before to long, Gary started to see the ugly side of my mom. I felt so sorry for him. Gary and I had many long talks regarding mom. He stayed by her side and married her. However, the real side of Gary came through on my 21st birthday when he went to kiss me on the lips. Not a kiss that a father gives his daughter. My walls went up from him at that point never to return in that home again. At this point in my life I really felt that I am the one who is bringing this all upon myself. It wasn’t until alter in my life that I realized my mom was sick and she married sick men. I did not see my mom again until she died. They were married for 16 years. Mom passed away at the age of 55 August 30, 2005 due to her failing liver. Gary passed away about a 1 1/2yr later from a brain tumor.

Between my childhood and teen years I was surrounded by molestation, lies, physical abuse, abandonment, selfishness, drugs, verbal abuse, insecurities, fear, worries, loneliness, broken trust, mental abuse, and most of all an alcoholic home.

No comments:

Post a Comment