Tuesday, November 17, 2009

End of high school

On my sixteenth birthday I woke up that morning to my mom still drinking and watching TV. Beer cans cover the coffee table and were stacked like a pyramid. I was so sad for my mom and yet my mom was so jealous of me. Instead of saying happy birthday she told me how jealous of me she was. Mom was jealous of the person that I was becoming, which was nothing like her. Comes my 21st birthday and mom wished that I was more like her and not such a betty-home maker. I wanted to be nothing like her.

**Finally graduation came and I made it. My mom would always tell me that I would never amount to anything. My junior year in High school, mom and Gary moved to Vancouver Washington. I did not want to go as I wanted to finish school with my friend. Thank goodness I was able to stay and live with my mom’s grandparents. Grandma was such a gem to me. After my phone calls with my mom leaving me in tears, grandma was there to consult me and tell me that everything was going to be alright. There were a few classes that I was struggling in. World Studies and English were my toughest classes. Grandma was going to make sure that I was going to pass my classes and graduate with a good GPA. Finally, I had someone who cared about me and was willing to help me out with my studies. Grandma did, she sat with me and walked me through the things that I did not understand. Also, grandma helped me out with extra credit for World Studies. In addition, my teachers believed in me too and were there to help me along as well. I took up a teacher’s aid for my World Studies teacher; I had my regular class than the teacher’s aid after that. Therefore, I received a double dose back to back in World Studies. This was a huge help for me. Yeah, the day came for mom and Gary to come for graduation. Mom had my grades sent to her friend’s house so that I would not see them until she did. When mom showed up to grandma’s I ran outside to greet her and dad. Of course I asked for my grades. Mom kept walking into the house ignoring me. Dad gave me my grades and said great job, I am so proud of you. I did it. My GPA was a 2.89. I ran into the house to show grandma, she was so proud too. Of course this made mom jealous. Mom and grandma did not have a great relationship when mom was going up. As a matter of fact grandma did leave my mom when she was young to be raised by her dad. Mom had experienced abandonment at a very young age too. The day after graduation I moved away to Vancouver Washington with my parents leaving all my friends and grandparents behind. I have not seen anyone since 1989 and it is now 2009.

Between my childhood and teen years I was surrounded by molestation, lies, physical abuse, abandonment, selfishness, drugs, verbal abuse, insecurities, fear, worries, loneliness, broken trust, mental abuse, and most of all an alcoholic home.

No comments:

Post a Comment